IUCAA Centre for Astronomy Research and Development (ICARD)
IUCAA Centre for Astronomy Research and Development (ICARD) have been established at various Universities and Colleges.
The primary functions of the ICARDs are:
- To contribute to development of innovative teaching methods designed for Astronomy. This includes development of upto date course structures and new kinds of experiment/data analysis sessions which can be a part of a starting or existing Astronomy course in a University. They will try and inculcate distant learning programs and come up with suggestions as to how they can be implemented.
- To hold frequent workshops/schools/meetings at various levels at the host University/College and at nearby regions.
- To have an active public outreach program for Astronomy.
- To be visiting Centre where nearby Astronomers can visit.
IUCAA Asscoaites will be informed of this opportunity by email.
The List of ICARDs:
- Department of Applied Mathematics - University of Calcutta
- Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences, Manipal
- Department of Physics, University of North Bengal
- Delhi University
- Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
- Calicut University
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin
- Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada (SRTM) University, Nanded
- Tezpur University
- Kashmir University
- BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad
- Newman College, Thodupuza, Kerala
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalya, Haridwar
- Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur
- Indian Institute Technology (IIT) Indore
- Christ (Deemed to be University) Bengaluru
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- GLA University, Mathura
- Jamia Milia Islamia (CTP), Delhi
- Gauhati University, Guwahati
- Goa University, Goa
- Providence College, Calicut, Kerala
- Aliah University, Kolkata