The 5th Asia Pacific Solar Physics Meeting (APSPM) shall take place in Pune, India during 3-7 February 2020. It is being jointly organized by the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune and the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune.
The scientific programme shall consist of invited talks, contributed talks and poster presentations.
The following areas in the solar astrophysics will be covered in the meeting:
- Facilities for Solar Astronomy: Present and future plans (by invitation)
- Solar Magnetic Field: Generation, evolution and impact on Solar irradiance
- MHD Processes in the Solar Atmosphere
- Flare, CMEs and Space Weather including interplanetary B-field
- Origin and Acceleration of Solar Wind
- Big Data Challenges for Solar Physics
- Public outreach (by invitation)
In addition to the above science sessions, there will be two popular talks during the week which will be arranged at the IISER-Pune.
Venue: All the scientific sessions shall be held at Chandrashekhar Auditorium, IUCAA, Pune.
Date: February 3 - 7, 2020
First announcement: October 01, 2018
Second announcement: July 15, 2019
Abstract submission opens: July 15, 2019
Abstract submission deadline: September 29, 2019
Financial support request deadline: September 29, 2019
Registration opens: July 15, 2019
Registration deadline: November 10, 2019
For any queries: Please write email to - email@example.com